|3 1/2||tablespoons coconut oil, melted|
|2||large eggs, beaten|
|3/4||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2||cup banana puree (details in post – roughly 2 bananas)|
|3/4||cup old fashioned oats|
|1 1/4||cups instant oats|
|1/4||cup toasted wheat germ (details in post for toasting wheat germ if you can not find it already toasted)|
|1/2||cup walnuts, chopped|
|1/4||cup mini-chocolate chips (optional)|
1. In a mixing bowl whisk together honey and melted coconut oil. Whisk in eggs, vanilla and pureed banana.
2. Mix in all dry ingredients by folding the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
3. Chill covered bowl in freezer for 30 min. If you do not have room in the freezer for it, you can chill in the refrigerator, but it will take 90 minutes.
4. After they the mix is chilled, preheat oven to 325F (162C) and scoop a heaping tablespoon into your hand and roll like a ball. I am particular about my measurements so I weigh mix and then divide by 12. This is how much each ball should weigh.
5. Place the ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten down so it gets a shape of a cookie with a thickness of ¼ inch.
6. Bake for 18 minutes
7. Maintain self-control and do not eat them all!